Monday, January 6, 2014

Family and Friends,
Buenos Dias! How was everyone's New Years? Ours was really fun. It was one of our investigators Moises's Birthday so we brought him cupcakes and watched the Testaments with him and Tachima. The spirit was so strong and Tachima started crying at the end... again (she's already seen it). She's so cute she was like, "I'm sorry but this *sob* get's me*sob* everytime *sob,sob*" After that we went outside and watched while they lit up fireworks for their little boy, Alex. We took pictures, I'll send those to you later.

This week we explored more of  the southern half of our area and we have been working with some new investigators. One of those is Mario and Elsa. We actually didn't expect to find them at home because they were up in New York for the holidays but they were there so we set up a lesson with them. We taught them the beginning of the Plan of Salvation. Elsa however was more interested in learning about the Book of Mormon and the meaning of the word Gentiles. So we taught her about that, after reading the "other sheep" scriptures she sat up paused. After a while of intense thought she just said, "wow" everything you've taught me makes sense. I think I learned just as much as she did in that lesson. The spirit had to have been there because the questions she asked us were deep doctrine that none of us had really studied before but we were able to answer them perfectly and simply. 

This area is really just taking off. We beat our record of 7 people at church last week and had 8 at church this week!! I don't even know who to sit with anymore there's only three of us! I'm really beginning to get the different accents at church too I'm really proud to say, however I am still working on speaking it, everyone says I have a very Argentine accent... I don't know.

This week we are finally moving from our tiny apartment into a bigger one with two bathrooms! It's going to be a lot of work but it will definitely be worth it.

Hope you all have a great week!
Love,
Hermana Mathis

No comments: