Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Leaving Largo ... Destination Unknown!

Dear Family and Friends,

I'm getting transferred for the first time ever! Ahh! I'm so sad and excited at the same time. I got up to give my testimony in the Spanish Branch yesterday and just couldn't keep from crying as I looked out at my mission-found family. I'm going to miss them all SO much. I never could have imagined the love I would have for these people when I first got here. Gloria was crying and Diego (her husband) called me his daughter and exclaimed, "it's so much harder when you get attached to the missionaries!" For those of you who don't know I've been here 9 months.Transfer meeting isn't until Thursday so I don't know where I'm going yet but if your going to send anything don't send it until next week.

Other news is we have two date sets! We set one with Jose (I think I might have actually written about him last week) who is still on fire and anxious to learn. We also set one with the daughter of one of our members named Jettica. She is 10 years old and she's going to be baptized August 21st on the beach at sunset.
We're stilling working very closely with the members and helping them come back into "the fold." One of my best friends in the branch Estefania was able to watch her baby boy, Dante be blessed this week. It was such a happy moment for her. She is really looking forward to receiving her patriarchal blessing soon too.

On the Fourth of July, we went and visited some members and then went to a big event Largo city was having down at the park. We talked to as many people as we could, got some funnel cake and after an hour of rain watched some of the fireworks before it was time to go home. Overall it was a pretty good day.

Another miracle of the week: Several weeks ago we met this guy named Roberto in a tienda stocking supplies, we talked to him and then later went to another tienda where we saw him again that very same day. He is from Orlando so doesn't live within the mission boundaries. We gave him our number and asked him to add us on Facebook, hoping that we could teach him like that.

A couple weeks after that we saw him again at Pepe's a tienda in Clearwater. That day he gave us a few candies for free and then we just went along our way hoping once again that we could contact him on Facebook but only got as far as texting.

THEN this past week we are driving to a new member's house and we get stopped at a light right next to him! So we roll down are window and start talking to him. The light turns green and we go to our member's house, afterwards he calls us and asks us if we can meet up. So we met up with him and started teaching him about the church. Then he introduced us to his brother who was also interested in learning! Sadly his brother lives in Mexico but we agreed to keep up through Facebook. So cool! God purposely puts people in our path to teach, I know it!

Well that's about it for the week,
Hasta Luego!

Con Amor de Largo por la ultima vez,

Hermana Mathis

No comments: