Monday, March 16, 2015

Final Letter


Mis queridos amigos y familiares,

Orlando Florida Temple
Today I had the wonderful opportunity to go to thehouse of the Lord. We went to the Orlando Temple! What a perfect way to end my mission. I can not imagine a better way to close this chapter of my life. I know that this weekend will continue to be filled with enriching lessons and loving goodbyes and after being in the home of my Father I feel ready to face them with a smile because I know that this mission is not the end nor is this life.


Instead of writing you about the hours of finding, the sunburns, the parties, or the dear sweet phrases of our gospel-loving converts I want to share with you a little bit of what I have been working on for my exit interview with President Cusick. He asked us to write down 100 things we've learned (not an easy task mind you, I'm at 85 right now)


So here's a few select ideas:
  • Confidence is built of our faith.
  • Fear is the opposite of any Christlike attribute.
  • Success comes from helping others succeed. 
  • Your happiness is God's purpose.
  • I of my own ability could never convince anyone to join the church. I need the spirit to teach.
  • It's important to repent often, REALLY often.
I hope to see many of you soon and I hope for others of you that your mission will be one of the greatest experiences of your lives. 

I love you all

Con Amor,

Hermana Heather Mathis








No comments: