Sunday, September 15, 2013

It's The Final Countdown!

     Hello everybody! So it's finally here the week that I leave for Tampa, with a pit stop in Mexico of course. I have not received my visa but this is because I am a dumb blonde and didn't read on my itinerary that they would stamp my passport with a visa when I got to Mexico so I'm all good to go! I've even made my bicycle arrangements.
    Preparing for a mission has been super hard. I think everything that Satan could possibly think of to lure me away from the mission has been thrown at me. The latest of these tricks has been a bad case of hives due to an allergic reaction to the Typhoid shot that I received. The hives started coming on Friday night but didn't get bad until last night at 9. I'm sorry to the friends I had to ditch to get some relief for the itching. Things continually got worse until I had about dollar bill sized hives all over. I was beginning to wonder why all these things kept happening that could prevent me from serving a mission. Luckily my father holds the priesthood and could give me a priesthood blessing, which was wonderful and calmed me down quite a bit. Then it was off to the emergency room! I stayed most of the night in the emergency room. I'm feeling so much better now and the hives have all disappeared.  I do not doubt that a huge part of that was due to the peace that I felt after my father's blessing. It seemed that as I started to calm down so did the hives. Satan has tried and failed to get inside my head and turn this into some tragedy, there's no way I'm missing that flight Tuesday morning!
     This all brings me back to my all time favorite scripture D&C 122:4 "And although their influence shall cast thee into trouble, and into bars and walls, thou shalt be had in ahonor; and but for a small bmoment and thy voice shall be more terrible in the midst of thine enemies than the fierce clion, because of thy righteousness; and thy God shall stand by thee forever and ever."
     This promise was made to Joseph as he was in Liberty jail but I think it applies to all of us. Though Satan will try with whatever he can to stop us, he cannot compete with God. Those who stay close to God are promised to have the voice of the lion in the midst of our only enemy, Satan. I also love that God promises Joseph in this scripture that he will stand by him forever and ever. No matter what trials we face in this life there is never a day when we don't have someone by our side! We can do hard things because the Lord has made it possible.
     Anyways have a good day everybody! Sing out loud praise the Lord, and don't lose sight of your eternal goals.

Love,
Heather

No comments: