Monday, April 14, 2014

Seeing Some Fruit

I don't have a ton of time to write but I wanted to send you an email letting you know how things are going. With Hermana Duong leaving, we've been saying a lot of goodbyes, which has been really sad.

We had to get the car checked on too because there was a recall on our car due to faulty axels. Luckily ours is fine. I'm so grateful to have not crashed, I've been driving the past few weeks because Hermana Duong isn't supposed to and it's been scary. First things first when I get my new companion, she is driving! 

Other news is that the Fort Lauderdale temple open house was this past week and a lot of our members and converts and even some investigators went. 

Fort Lauderdale Temple
Friday night Cindy and Cornelio announced that they had picked a marriage date! Yay!!! I could have cried. Although they're not getting married until August 23rd, it's so good to see the fruits of our labors :) I'm so happy for them. Besides, Cornelio still can't be baptized until October, but who knows, maybe president will change his mind after the wedding. 

Jose (recent convert, he was baptized the week before I arrived) announced afterward that he was ready to receive the priesthood! We're so proud of him. 

Overall lots of good came from the temple trip. I wish I could have gone. I will send you a pic. 

Transfer calls were Saturday night. I'm staying in Largo, but I will not be training. There are lots of Spanish sisters leaving their areas, so I could be put with really anybody. 

Spiritual Moment of the week: reflecting on temple marriage because we have been talking about temples a lot with the open house and realizing how amazing temple work is. I am so grateful for all those who helped me to prepare to go through. I sat with Hermana Duong during comp study and we practiced teaching about temples in Spanish, the spirit was super strong, she'll probably be visiting the temple this weekend, I'm so happy to have had the chance to serve with her. 

Well that's it for today, tenga un buenĂ­simo semana! 

Sincerely,

Hermana Mathis

No comments: