Monday, April 28, 2014

New Companion and a Branch Party!

Dear Family and Friends,

Thank you all for your emails, once again. They are very much appreciated! Lots of things have been going on lately, so I don't really know where to begin this week. I guess I'll start by saying that I'm still STL and am now serving with a new companion Hermana Holloway. She is super cute, I adore her! She is from Riverton, UT.
Lovin' my new companion!
We didn't even plan on both wearing yellow; it just happened!

We started the transfer with a goal to find those who are truly ready and searching for the gospel and so that's what we've been doing! Lately we've been focusing on finding. We walk everyday at least 4 hours in between appointments. We're also incorporating Facebook a little bit more. The other day I had my first few lessons on Facebook. It's SO nice to be able to teach an investigator a principle in between other appointments. I am so grateful for my i-Pad.

I've decided the next time I come to Florida I am coming in March or April because the weather right now is PERFECT. We've been walking around trying to find a lot lately so my tan is getting pretty good :) Haha, sometimes it really is like I'm on vacation. The only thing is, I get to talk to random strangers and hand out cards while I'm here.



We're thinking of going out to the island next P-Day to go see the Dolphin Tales exhibit I'll send you pics if we do. This P-Day we are having a "Zone Development Day" where the whole Zone gets together does a training together and plays games.

It was Sister Jensen's Birthday and we were on exchange,
thus we ate cheesecake ... yum!

On Saturday we had our branch party. It was a blast! We all got together and just had a BBQ/fiesta at a members house. They even set up a really neat pool for all the kids and we all played get to know you games. It was perfect for our recent converts and Cindy who is still just getting to know the church. There wasn't going to be dancing originally, but let's be honest, this is a Latino branch, so the party turned into a dance right away. Everyone danced with everyone. I love being part of the Largo Spanish branch! 
Ha Ha, I feel like a giant next to all the short Latinos that I love.

And we danced ...
Yup, I danced too!
The kids played in the pool while we all talked and played games.
Marcelo and Diego
Goofing off with Diego.
 As for investigators right now, we're still teaching Elouisa and Juan, they're doing awesome. Right now we are working on picking a marriage date with them. Last time we saw them they asked us who in the church had the authority to marry them, so tomorrow we are going over with President Lopez (branch president) to set a date.


These gator signs are all over in our area.

Cindy and Cornelio are still doing good. On Friday, we went over to their house to teach them about observing the Sabbath day and Cindy and I made my mom's recipe for BBQ chicken pizza. It was delicious; it was a hit! Everyone loved it!

That's all I have time for today but I will send a few pics, love you all! Have a great week.

Con Amor,

Hermana Mathis

No comments: