Monday, September 22, 2014

Cool Story


Dear Family and Friends,

This past week we taught Roman and Jorge about every day to help prepare them for baptism. All is going well. We have FHE set up with both of them tonight with different families in our branch.

We had interviews with President last Thursday and also a training from the AP's. We're really trying to step up our faith.

The same day was my exact year mark! :) To celebrate we did weekly planning. Haha. We also did an exchange with the Port Charlotte sisters. It was great! It rained a lot but we still got to teach a lot regardless of our wet hair and bicycles. We saw miracles.


I'm sorry I don't have a lot to say about the last week but I have a really good story:

I wanted to send this video because it has a really cool story that goes along with it. Once upon a time the Sarasota sisters got stripped from their singles branch and put into the home ward where they had nobody to teach and thus were forced to go finding.

While riding around one day they stopped to talk to someone, the man was not interested, but suggested that they should go see the neighbors down the street. The very same day on exchanges I and Sister Day went to go see this referral. They too were only half interested and only spoke Spanish. I talked with them and we planned a time to meet again when I could come with my other "friends" who speak Spanish.

The next week we went to go visit them. The visit went well but the couple made it evident they didn't have interest. On the way home we stopped to talk with as many people as we could. We gave a card to a man who was sitting on the side of the road. We thought nothing of it and kept biking.

The next day the Sarasota sisters receive a media referral for that guy. I was on a split with them because my companions had to go visit someone at the jail and they only allow two visitors. While I was with the Sarasota sisters, we went to go meet with this guy. This is where it gets awesome.

We walked up and before we could even get off our bikes he comes out saying, "You got to be kidding me!" A bit alarmed, we invited ourselves in. He told us how he had been praying that we would come. We started with the classic how to begin thing bullet points from Preach My Gospel. We hadn't even showed him, "Because of Him," yet and he was tearing up.

We watched the video and then he just broke down. He told us how much he had needed this message right now, he told us that he was desperate for forgiveness. The spirit had filled the room. We were all a bit misty eyed.  We asked if we could come back the next day and he was anxious to say yes. It was amazing!

He is now one of the sisters investigators. :) Every referral you give to the missionaries makes a difference, Even if the person you refer doesn't accept their invitation. God knows each and every one of his children and their individual circumstances. He knows when they are humble enough to receive His messengers.

"When Alma heard this, he turned him about, his face immediately towards him, and he beheld with great joy; for he beheld that their afflictions had truly humbled them, and that they were in a preparation to hear the word."Alma 32:6

In the middle of the lesson I had the very strong impression to record whatever he was going to say next, I hit record on my iPad and this is what I recorded:

No comments: