Monday, October 6, 2014

I'm a Trainer!

Dear Family and Friends,

This week has been amazing! I was so sad yesterday when it was over. I wanted it to keep going. 

So for starters I'm training now! It was a crazy turn of events but one morning before transfer meeting President called us and said that he needed Sister Gustafson to go down to Naples (commonly known as the "land of milk and honey") and for me to finish training Sister Paulsen. We packed as fast as we could and then made the switch. 

At first I was a little upset to let Hermana Gustafson go, but I love Sister Paulsen so much already! She has become one of my best friends (as have all of my companions). She is always positive and smiley. Her Spanish is also very good, she knows about as much as I do and she's only been here for 6 weeks! (I'm so blessed to have her as a companion)

Conference was in Jorge's words "grandioso!" It was such a pleasant surprise to listen to talks in other languages. We watched both morning sessions in English and both evening sessions in Spanish. It worked out perfectly that our investigators came to the sessions where people spoke in Spanish! We couldn't help but let out a few cheers ;) 

Aside from the fact that there were a few talks in other languages the conference was just what I needed! I love that every time that I watch conference I feel as though the speakers knew what I was wondering about beforehand. I especially liked Elder Bednar's talk of the final session. I loved that he addressed our investigators. It was interesting to watch their eyes light up as he spoke. 

After the conference I asked one of our investigators (Roman) what he learned, I was shocked when I looked at his paper and saw that all he had written was: read, pray, go to church, family home evening and go to the temple. I had thought for sure that he would have taken notes like me and my companion had, furiously scribbling several thoughts and impressions. I was humbled by the simplicity of what he had learned. Aren't those the most important things to learn anyways? Those are the very things that bring us closer to our Heavenly Father. I'm thankful that he was able to learn and understand those key steps.

We met several of our goals this week and have met several new potentials. I'm so glad to be serving the Lord right now. It is the sweetest experience, I don't ever want it to end. 
I hope you all have a great week. Keep up the good fight! 

Con Amor,
Hermana Mathis 

No comments: