Monday, February 2, 2015

Dear Family and Friends,

As always, I've been keeping busy.Last week we had three baptisms, went on two exchanges, and had MLC in St. Petersburg (missionary leadership council).

Haha sister Johnson and I went to go contact one of their referrals and it turned out to be a tattoo shop, you never know what you're going to get from Church headquarters.

The baptisms all went smoothly, it was a miracle. I was so nervous that Luz, Eladio and Eugene wouldn't be able to be dunked but they all made it! We had two priesthood holders in the font for each of them to help them out.



Here are some fun photos from the baptisms! Haha once our AP told us that "If they aren't hopping in the font, we're not baptizing them." We've decided to change that to, "If they don't have a cane, we're not baptizing them!" ;) Have a great week!





Eugene received the Aaronic priesthood yesterday and Eladio will be receiving it next Sunday. My favorite part of the baptisms was watching how excited Luz got when she saw Eladio all dressed in white. Haha she was super cute with him throughout the whole service. I am so grateful to have been able to teach the Perez family!

Adis, Rosa, Eladio, Luz and the rest of us at their baptism luncheon.


MLC was really good. We discussed the Book of Mormon and how we can use it to convert not only others but ourselves. I have decided to start the Book of Mormon over again and already I have seen a brand new side to it that I had never seen before. I love reading it daily, it's made such a huge difference in my life.

St. Petersburg beach with my companions after MLC. I love these girls!
Sorry this is a small email. I love you all and am excited to see you soon!

Con amor,
Hermana Mathis


P.S. we got transfer emails on Sunday and sister McGee and sister Paulsen are being transferred out. Looks like I'll have a new companera this Thursday.

Also Jalicia is getting baptized this weekend! I'll make sure to send photos.  




No comments: