Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Mis queridos,

Happy Valentines day to everyone! 
Sister Baugh's mom sent her cookies and so we frosted them for Valentines Day
I'd like to express my love to all of you for helping me throughout my life and throughout my mission. Know that I love you and pray for you all. 

I don't even know what to write this week because so much happened. Last week it seemed that we had nobody to prepare for baptism and then this week we managed to meet and teach several new people. It just goes to show that God is going to bless us with success so long as we do all that we are supposed to do. I know that this applies to pretty much everything in our lives.

At church last week we met a woman named Celfia at church who said she would like to receive the missionary visits. We set a date with her on Wednesday and she has been progressing ever since. She's a solid golden investigator.We are so excited to continue teaching her.

Our investigator Celfia gave us roses for Valentines Day and then we visited her sister Carmen and she also gave us roses.
For Valentines day we did my favorite thing to do as a missionary, teach! Our investigators were very sweet and they gave us roses. It was perfect temperature the whole day. I am loving it here in sunny Sarasota.

We also had the chance to go to a fireside with Dr. Ryan Murphy the assistant director of the Mormon Tabernacle Choir. It was amazing and reminded me of why I love music and singing so much! I could feel the spirit so strongly as he played a piano piece for us. It's amazing how music can move someone to feel of God's love. 


The following day we were supposed to sing in a regional choir out on Siesta Key but had already set up some appointments for the day. It was a tough decision but I decided that it would be better to put my own desires aside to help God lift others up. We ended up having three amazing lessons that day. By the end of the day I could feel the spirit telling me that my decision was right. 

Yesterday we made a game to help some investigators realize all that the Book of Mormon teaches us. I had never written it all down before but the Book of Mormon teaches us so much! Really every thing that we need to know can be found within it's pages. It's marvelous!

Well that's it for this week. Tenga una buena semana!

-Hermana Mathis

"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends." John 15:13


No comments: